Monday 9 November 2015

Evaluation


Overall I think that I did well in this task even though I was on my own and others were working in a group. My video doesn't have the best storyline but it worked with the type of actors I had and looked believable. Another weakness is that the editing isn't the best as I think I should have taken multiple shots of the same scene as I think I could have used better footage of the shot reverse shot with the speech between the two characters. I also think that during the first scene when she is walking up the stairs I think I could have turned down the diegetic sound lower than it is because it sounds screechy compared to the other clips and I think this is an aspect that brings down my video. I also think that the extra sound I have added at the end when the title comes on ‘boom’ is too late and the timing is off as the sounds comes on after the title as already risen. I think that if the sound and the title appeared on screen at the same time it would give off a better and more mysterious feel towards the audience and would make them intrigued to carry on watching.


The strengths of my video is that all the footage works together and I have added and inserted each scene in the right place and it flows and looks realistic which is a big part of making a video or part of a film because each scene or clip work together well with the next one and it all makes sense. Also my actors did a great job in following my plan of what I wanted to do and made the video look fantastic, they presented well thought out facial expressions which went really well with the theme of the narrative as well as making the scene look very believable.

No comments:

Post a Comment